Welcome to BlueGoldSports Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Wvu Athletic Revenue Rise Is Very Lucky

WVU WVU Budget

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic
Michael Walker
  • Members
  • 701 posts
  • Elite
  • LocationSouth Carolina
  • Last active: Dec 22 2017 03:19 PM

Former A D Oliver Luck made some errors during his tenure, but the moves he initiated or facilitated are paying off big time for WVU. In the past three years athletic revenues have increased from $77.7 million to $91.7 according to figures supplied by the school. That's a $13 million dollar increase. The Mountaineers will also receive their first full share of Big 12 money in the coming year which will ensure another significant jump.

Here's hoping this impressive climb toward $100 million results in marked improvement on the gridiron. Hopefully this year's $4.2 million profit also continues to grow and is spent wisely. An expansion or replacement of the indoor practice facility would top off several impressive improvements in facilities that are either finished or underway.

• 681jim likes this

BGS contributor and editor

The Sane Hatter
  • Members
  • 665 posts
  • Elite
  • Last active: Jul 03 2018 04:08 AM

Most needed improvements lie in the non-revenue sports, particularly some upgrades to the outdoor tennis facility as well as some of the other indoor buildings adjacent to the coliseum.  Hopefully Shane will continue Ollie's work in this area.   

• Michael Walker likes this

Michael Walker
  • Members
  • 701 posts
  • Elite
  • LocationSouth Carolina

There are still several areas that are need of upgrades. Most needed is a very subjective qualification. Doesn't quid pro quo suggest that the highest revenue producing sports have priority for actual needed upgrades? I say priority number one should be the expansion and remodeling of the Milan Puskar training room to a first class treatment facility for those injuries we debate.

The Sane Hatter
  • Members
  • 665 posts
  • Elite
Do not all athletes wear the same name on the front of the jersey and put forth the same effort? quid pro quo ˌkwid ˌprō ˈkwō/ noun a favor or advantage granted or expected in return for something. "the pardon was a quid pro quo for their help in releasing hostages" synonyms: exchange, trade, trade-off, swap, switch, barter, substitute, reciprocation, return; More

Michael Walker
  • Members
  • 701 posts
  • Elite
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Football supports all of the other sports except mens' basketball which is self sufficient. Quid pro quo = Football brings in the money, take care of football needs first. Not wants, needs. Needs in other sports trump football wants. Did you play volleyball or what?

The Sane Hatter
  • Members
  • 665 posts
  • Elite
Baseball actually until I tore a my knee up catching. Ruined a decent shot at playing minor league ball for a couple of years back in the 70's. It did get me a couple of degrees though and allowed me to parlay that into a decent career, first in coaching and then when the knee could no longer take it, I used my degree and I chose the athletic department route. I've seen guys like you before. I'll leave it at that.

Michael Walker
  • Members
  • 701 posts
  • Elite
  • LocationSouth Carolina

You've never seen anyone like me, nor do you want to. If you worked for a certain previous A D at WVU that explains a lot but I'm guessing it was a high school. Why do you hide behind a fictitious and effectively oxymoron name with a generic avatar?

• BushwhackerCSA and 681jim like this

681jim
  • Members
  • 176 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • LocationWilliamstown, WV
  • Last active: Mar 17 2019 05:24 PM

You've never seen anyone like me, nor do you want to. If you worked for a certain previous A D at WVU that explains a lot but I'm guessing it was a high school. Why do you hide behind a fictitious and effectively oxymoron name with a generic avatar?

• Michael Walker and HillBillyGem like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WVU, WVU Budget

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users