Welcome to BlueGoldSports Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Bold Prediction Wvu Vs Vt

WVU WVU football WVU vs VT

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic
Harleymick
  • Members
  • 471 posts
  • Elite
  • Last active: Sep 03 2017 02:42 PM
VT is a middle of the conference ACC team this year with a RB that might be 4th string at WVU and a QB who has never taken a college snap. One side of the OL is suspect to say the least and the DL has absolutely no depth. If the Mountaineers do not win this one by three touchdowns it is going to be a long season. Like Texas, VT will be lucky to make a bowl. WVU - 45 VT - 17.
  • Spencerwv likes this

beckbdb
  • Members
  • 171 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • Last active: Sep 27 2018 11:05 PM
I'm calling 42-35 only because our defense may be suspect... I'll be more open to blowouts after this game if our defense performs
  • Harleymick likes this

Harleymick
  • Members
  • 471 posts
  • Elite
  • Last active: Sep 03 2017 02:42 PM

I'm calling 42-35 only because our defense may be suspect... I'll be more open to blowouts after this game if our defense performs

Pinnacle vodka makes me very optimistic!
  • Wvu6901 likes this

The Sane Hatter
  • Members
  • 665 posts
  • Elite
  • Last active: Jul 03 2018 04:08 AM

I would be surprised if Tony Gibson shares your view of the coaches kid taking snaps at VT Mike.  I will literally be shocked if Justin Fuente and Brad Cornelsen, two former QB's and outstanding coaches in developing playes at that position do not have Josh Jackson ready to play tonight.  I think this game comes down to who WVU slowing down the run vs. Va Tech stopping the pass and if it comes down to a defensive battle, while I like Tony Gibson, I'm not sure he is on the same level as Bud Foster.  I'll personally don't see the margin of victory above 7 points unless it's from fluke points off turnovers or special teams. 

ChadMason
  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • Last active: Nov 28 2018 09:43 PM

anyone got a link to stream this game?  At my girlfriends house for her dad's birthday and ABC won't stream on her computer

ChadMason
  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member

why the fuck was crawford out for the whole second half?  how do you get 100 yards on 13 carries in the first half, and don't see the field again till there's 50 seconds left?  

Can't wait to get long back.

The Sane Hatter
  • Members
  • 665 posts
  • Elite

This game went pretty much as I thought it would.  I thought Jake Spavital would throw the ball even though he should have run it more and I knew the defense would be suspect and while I was confident that WVU would move the ball between the 20's, I was surprised they didn't run more. Last nights game completely inverted what Dana has done on offense over the past two years as the offense was 60/40 pass.  WVU will not win many games they're not supposed to utilizing that formula.  As Chad mentioned, Crawford only carried the ball 13 times for 106 yard with Kennedy McKoy only touching the ball 8 times.  The most shocking to me though was that Martell Pettiway only got the ball twice. 

I'm not sure if the defense is as bad as the 12 team but it's certainly not where it was over the last two years and given that those teams were average defenses nationally, I see many of the same problems, particularly along the front line.  Gibson blamed inopportune blitz but the simple fact is that more times than not, the VT offense outperformed the WVU defense, which really needs the offense to separate the game, stay on the field and allow them to become one dimensional.  In the end though, I'm sure Gibson will have this unit performing well against Big12 opponents and this team will be fine.  They'll win 8 games, +- 1 and get another bowl game and that will be the season.  Notions of a Big 12 Championship were always more dreams than realistic.

ChadMason
  • Members
  • 193 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member

I wouldn't say a dream.  Easy?  no... Obtainable? Yes.  Oklahoma lost to houston last year game 1 and everyone said they were a flop.  Then they won out.

I think this tech team was better than last years houston team.  I think this WVU team is better than last years WVU team.  I don't think we beat OkSt, but Oklahoma lost a lot of play makers and i think we can be good enough by the last game of the season to finally take them down.  I think the Kansas St. game will determine our big12 fate.  If we can beat snyder again this year, i think that momentum carries us through texas and oklahoma and we get a shot at a rematch with OkSt for the title and redemption for losing to them earlier in the year.  10-2 and an appearance the big 12 championship would be a solid year and put us in a high visibility bowl game.  

Besides if we did too good this year Grier would bounce to the NFL lol.  If he comes back after an 11-3 season we can make a real run next year.

The Sane Hatter
  • Members
  • 665 posts
  • Elite

We disagree on many things. I hope I'm wrong but...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: WVU, WVU football, WVU vs VT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users