Welcome to BlueGoldSports Forum
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. This message will be removed once you have signed in.
Login to Account Create an Account

Photo

Will Gibson Join Howard & Shell

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic
1olewvufan
  • Members
  • 289 posts
  • Last active: Aug 25 2017 02:10 PM
It came as no surprise to me when Shelton Gibson & Skyler Howard were cut from their NFL teams early. I was not a fan of either when they played at WVU. I always felt Howard may find success in the NFL as a running back, for I thiught it he was much better running the ball than Shell.

I am not surprised that Shelton Gibson is struggling catching passes in the NFL. While Gibson could catch balls going away from him, he struggled catching balls coming at him. Holgorson commented on Gibson's in ability to catch passes coming at him. Look for Gibson's NFL dreams to end soon.

peelwvu
  • Members
  • 199 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member
  • Last active: Yesterday, 02:01 PM

With anquan boldin's retirement, dakeil shorts has a good chance of making the team.

1olewvufan
  • Members
  • 289 posts
We will see Shorts playing for the Bills.

Shelton Gibson has yet to catch a pass. He is done.

Also Darrien Howard was cut early on from the Cardinals. This was a surprise, for I felt he had a shot at making it.

I was not surprised to see Skyler Howard and Russel Shell cut early.

Showmee
  • Members
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMorgantown
  • Last active: Aug 28 2017 04:31 AM
The Eagles have five for now, including Shelton Gibson, Rasul Douglas, and Orlosky playing guard.
Also, incumbents Wendell Smallwood and Najee Goode.

peelwvu
  • Members
  • 199 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member

Ya it's not looking good for him.  I watched some of the last Eagles game and they have roughly 9 receivers fighting for 5/6 openings.  4 were locks to make it.  With Gibson struggling all fall and in the preseason I would doubt he makes it.  Probably end up on a practice squad though.

1olewvufan
  • Members
  • 289 posts
Peelwvu:

Gibson may not get cut. He could end up on the practice squad. There is no way will we see him in a game this season.

peelwvu
  • Members
  • 199 posts
  • PipPipPip
  • Advanced Member

I agree with you there.  Barring a bunch of injuries anyway and even then I could see the signing a veteran instead of activating him.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users